Two favorites together at last!
- ½ pound ground chuck ~or your favorite ground meat
- 1 box macaroni and cheese ~fste recipe coming soon
- 1 cube beef bouillon ~dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup butter ~½ stick
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp pickle relish ~Optional, but really good!!
- Fry chuck til done, drain and rinse with hot water if you like.
- Boil pasta according to package directions, but we like 6 minutes instead of the 8 to 10 minutes the package states. Drain.
- In a small bowl stir together the ketchup, mustard and spices.
- Melt butter, stir in milk and cheese powder from box. Using a whisk makes sure no clumps of cheese powder remain.
- Add drained pasta, ground chuck, the bouillon water and the ketchup to cheese mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Top with dill pickle relish, if desired. YUM!!
- Scoop into an oven-safe dish, sprinkle with shredded cheese and top with some Panko crumbs and bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes. Adds a nice, comforting crunch!
If you like the store bought version of cheeseburger macaroni, you will really enjoy this recipe. Even though it calls for a box of mac-n-cheese, it's a keeper!