A delicious and affordable meal that makes enough to feed a family.
- Large Pot
- Frying pan
- Large spoon and or spatula
- Strainer / Colander
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cans tomato paste
- 2.5 quarts water
- 3 cups frozen, cut okra
- 3 cups frozen, mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 5 Beef bouillon ---adjust to your taste
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Tony Chachere's to taste
- STARCH OF YOUR CHOICE - optional ---Cooked on the side and left separate to prevent mushiness.
- Brown hamburger with onion until brown and crumbled. Drain off excess fat.
- Add tomato paste, bullion and water. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in meat and onion.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to boil, lower heat to a simmer.
- Let cook until all vegetables are tender.
This family favorite was provided by Mr. Ronnie Beltz.
Sodium level is way too high! Use less bullion or lower salt bullion for a lower sodium number. Facts on the right show the lower sodium bullion.
Nutrition Facts do not include Tony’s seasoning or the starch you may add.